Summer is finally here (temperature-wise) which means quick, refreshing salads are what the menu calls for. Found a great one in a recent edition of Cooking Light that was super simple and delicious!
It was Cucumber, (Black) Olive and Mint Salad. I put Black in parentheses because the recipe calls for Greek olives which are a totally different taste from black olives!
- 2 cups thinly sliced English cucumber (I just used a regular cuke)
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
The prep is real tough. Slice the cuke.
Then combine cucumber, olives, mint, lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper.
It tasted even better after it sat for a bit. It was served with pork tenderloin and quinoa. Would also be very nice for brunch paired with smoked salmon/lox.