Found this recipe in Cooking Light and it just sounded so good. Many of my favorite ingredients. It just doesn’t seem like something that would be published in a winter issue (Jan/Feb) but I’m happy it was.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise (nixed that)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby kale (I chopped it)
- 1 1/2 cups ruby red grapefruit sections (about 2 large grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 (14-ounce) cans hearts of palm, rinsed, drained, and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red chile, seeded and thinly sliced (I just used pepper flakes)
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, cut into thin wedges
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth.
2. Place 2/3 cup kale on each of 6 plates. Arrange grapefruit sections, onion, hearts of palm, chile, and avocado evenly over kale. Drizzle with dressing. (ok, I didn’t make it that fancy — tossed all that stuff in a bowl and dressed it).