I love seafood, and next to the ceviche, I love tuna tartare. I can’t remember where I found this recipe, but I make it quite often. It’s so simple and so good. All you have to do is cube the tuna, then toss all the other ingredients with it. At the end, drizzle some lemon juice on top and garnish with the fennel fronds if you really want.
- 1 lb tuna or yellowtail, cubed
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T tiny capers
- 1 T finely chopped shallot
- 1 T finely chopped Sicilian green olives
- 1/2 t. red pepper flakes, or 1 small chile pepper, chopped fine
- 1 t pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- S&P to taste
- 1 lemon
- 2 T fennel fronds, for garnish (optional)
Good places for the seafood is Costco, if you’re a member. Also, if you can find the fish flash frozen, such as places like Trader Joe’s, it’s just as good. Enjoy!